Quick last breakfast with Mom - she was off to catch a bus around 8. By Mom! Love you!
The usual morning wind up - this involves trying to upload as many good pictures as possible, try and get a blog posted, 2 of the 3 S's (not currently shaving), and then pack the bags and load them up onto bike.
Ready to roll! Doolin, the small village North of the Cliffs of Moher, is the destination.
We planned to head back into town to do some quick things we remembered about all requiring the bike shop. We then got the best directions ever to get us out of the 1-way street maze of Ennis. Out of town and on the road!
Notes of the ride:
- It was hot...one of the hottest days...especially early in the ride
- It was small up and downs with 2 larger climbs near the end of the day.
- The first of the two climbs opened us up to the cool ocean breeze....ahhhhh, this is why we do this craziness! The contrast of all the senses!
- It finished with an epic view down into Doolin.....ahhhhh......
Now home away from home preparation:
- Chose between 3 camping options (over a pint of course - thanks Los!) and unloaded gear/set up camp
- Figured out where grocery was - back up the darn hill that required. -_-
- Used the trip up the hill to do a loop and find the entrance of the Moher trail
- Back to camp for some food!!!! (Dad may tell all of his inadequacies but he ALWAYS fails to point out his abilities. One of these is ingredient combination, especially simple ones, into yumminess!)
- Relaxing evening with wonderful coastal sunset - strange effect with sun through clouds...we thought it was the moon at first it was so dim. Perfect period to the day.